Fermented foods are all the rage and their health benefits have been spouted here, there and everywhere. While fermentation has been said to help digestion, fermented foods simply taste great!!
This full day, hands on course will cover:
- The basic principles of fermentation and working with bacterias and wild yeasts
- How to make kimchi and sauerkraut from scratch
- Learn to lacto-ferment other veg, such as kosher pickles, carrots and beans.
- An intro to fermented drinks such as water kefir, ginger beer and kombucha
- An intro to sourdough bread
You will get to take home any of the food we make in the class as well as starters for sourdough, water kefir grains and a baby kombucha to get you fermenting away at home!!
Materials: please bring your favourite kitchen knife and a cutting board. All other materials provided.
Come spend the day with us learning new skills and while you are here, enjoy our local, home cooked food for lunch, farmstead cheeses, and meet the animals.
Travelling from far? Gartur Farm is located on the historic Cardross Estate with a range of self-catering and bed and breakfast accommodation. Contact Nicola on 01877 385223 or email@example.com for more information. Lochend Chalets and The Lake of Menteith Hotel are also nearby.
We also offer an Air BnB in the house itself, which can be booked here.
Located just off the A811 near Arnprior, we are just 14 miles from Stirling and Milngavie.
Public Transport: Collection can be arranged from Stirling Rail Station.